Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Shore!

We had our first Big Trip North last week(end). My cousin's wedding was in Cape May Courthouse, NJ (just a few miles inland from Stone Harbor), on Saturday, but Lea and I went up a week ahead of time to hang out in Exton, and Brian joined us late Wednesday night. Then we all drove to NJ on Friday to spend the weekend. It was a huge amount of driving but Lea did really well, all things considered.

Highlights:

Trivia at Brickside-- sooooo 2005. In all the best ways.

Driving around West Chester looking for a store that turned out not to exist except for online orders. Ok, that part sucked but here was the highlight: when I finally cut my losses and decided to go home, I had to turn around under an overpass of 202, which had, nestled underneath, a huge bird's nest, out of which emerged a very large bird. With a snake. Wriggling in its talons. It was awesome.

Sewing! For the first time since junior high home ec, I believe. I made this baby carrier, which took a few days, working a couple hours each day. Not bad at all.



Not the greatest pictures, but you get the idea. The best part is, she can sleep in this thing, which worked out well considering the events of the wedding weekend shot her napping and bedtime schedules all to hell.

We also had so much fun seeing little Alex, son of Scott (my cousin) and Christina. Christina and I shared the same due date (11-11), and both ended up delivering quite late. Alex beat Lea into the world by two days. Let me just say how strange and eerie and wonderful it is to observe another baby who is basically exactly the same age as Lea, and working on the same developmental milestones, and communicating with the same set of expressive abilities.

The babies were quite taken with each other. Particularly each other's feet.




The wedding itself was gorgeous. The ceremony was held in a courtyard at a really pretty B&B, and the reception was just inside the carriage house on the same grounds. Really beautiful.


And what's not to love about getting the kid all dressed up?



The next day, I insisted that we at least walk down to the beach for a minute.


Um. It was windy.

3 comments:

Holly Cummings said...

I love how she folds her hands together, like a little judge or girl in finishing school or something.

FireWithin said...

I am so glad we got to see you!!! You look awesome. :)

LAH said...

Paige! Your sewing masterpiece looks awesome and it even matches your hair quite nicely.
It was wonderful being able to see you THREE days in a row. I think that's a record since high school. You look wonderful and Lea is just so darn cute (I guess Brian looked good too, can't leave him out)
Glad you had a great trip.

Oh and we totally rocked out at Trivia, thanks to you!