Monday, September 10, 2007

While Lea's at school...

... you'd think I'd do something totally non-baby-related, but no, I'm updating my blog with photos.

Actually, it was no big deal to drop her off. She was oblivious. Two of the older babies were crying when their parents left, and Lea crawled up to them, grinning madly, and they stopped crying. It was sweet. I ducked out the door and she didn't even look up.

So here's a bunch of pictures from the last month or so. I never posted any of the pictures from our Pittsburgh/Exton/Ocean City trip, so I'll start with that.


Gratuitous sweet mama/baby picture, from our lunch stop in WV on the way to Pittsburgh.


We spent part of Saturday at the Pittsburgh zoo, which was horrifically crowded but still fun.






At the hotel, Lea was highly entertained by the air coming out of the A/C unit,


and also appreciated the opportunity to practice pulling up to standing, aided by the curtains.


Oh, and she crawled the entire length of the hallway. Come and play with us, Danny...


Sunday we braved the rain to attend the Phils/Pirates game at PNC park, which was delayed several times but well worth it (although they ended up losing, boo.)


The walk across Roberto Clemente bridge was very cool. I can imagine that, if I lived in Pittsburgh, and the Pirates were really good, it would be fun to get all hyped up walking to the game among a crowd of fans clogging the bridge (which they close to cars on game days).




Lea slept on my chest for the first few innings, and then entertained herself with a Pepsi bottle.


And entertained us with her sad-baby face every time the bottle was taken away.


Bonus to all that hyper-stimulating baseball goodness: very tired baby slept for nearly all of the 5 hour drive to Exton.


We spent the week just hanging out, visiting family, going to Ikea (me), and rolling/crawling around the family room floor (Lea).




Then Brian joined us, and we all headed down to OC for the weekend. Then, he and I had our longest outing together since Lea's birth, when we went to Shea stadium to see the Mets play. The next day, we had some fabulous beach time, and rounded out the weekend with a big extended-Campbell-family dinner at a great place in Cape May.


It really was a fantastic week. I especially loved the last-minute decision to go to the shore, which is something I really miss, living so far away. I have many fond memories of deciding to go, throwing things in a bag, and being on the beach just a few hours later. What a life.

5 comments:

Holly Cummings said...

It's nice to know that the desire to quote the freakiest scary movie quote ever runs in your family.

Also, you just reminded me that I never posted my Pittsburgh pics; I'll do that here in a second.

Glad to hear Lea had a good first day at school!

Holly Cummings said...

Oh yeah, and happy birthday last week. I didn't forget, but I forgot.

BookBabe said...

Great pictures - thanks so much for posting them. I didn't take any, so you picked me up.

LAH said...

red rum, red RUM! Oh, those were some great memories :)

The Hamilton's said...

Great pictures Paige! Looks like you all had a really good time! As always, Lea is adorable!