Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A guessing game, anyone?

ExpectNet is a fun little online tool where you can set up a baby-prediction guessing game.  Go here and enter "BabyCJ2" under Invited Guests (at the left) to post your guesses about the baby's date and time of arrival, sex, weight, and length. 

Some helpful hints:  Lea arrived 10 days past her due date at 12:37pm, with no indication of any progress until a check-up the day before, when I was slightly dilated.  (It's also possible-- but there's no way to know for sure-- that labor was encouraged by some acupuncture that day.  My gut tells me it helped get things started.)  She weighed 9lbs 7oz and was 21.5 inches long.

This time: I'm due 1/20/09.  I've gained about the same amount of weight as I had at this point in my first pregnancy.  We haven't and don't intend to find out the sex in advance.  Baby is definitely head down but still feels very high.  If you're into old wives' tales: baby's heartrate is typically in the mid-140's.  I feel like I'm carrying all out front and all belly.  I usually crave salty things.  (I mean, I love sweets too, but when I get a super-intense craving, it's usually for garlic bread or mozzarella sticks or, um, Buffalo Wing flavored Snyders' Pretzel Pieces.)

10 comments:

Holly Cummings said...

I'll say now that I can't do a true estimated fetal weight because I haven't seen you in forever and I would love to do some Leopold's maneuvers. But if I can't, then I've entered my estimates based on my predicted due date and Lea's birth weight minus 12 days and studies of average fetal weight gain per day at term. Not that I'm a total dork or anything. Not at all.

PCJ said...

Well, are there any other stats I can give you to help you guess? I'm measuring right on schedule, nothing significant there. Baby's back is to my left side. Pretty much exactly the position Lea was in for a long time. I could feel her big butt on the top left part of my belly-- I have a disproportionate number of stretchmarks in that spot, and I was very obviously assymetrical.

PCJ said...

asymmetrical.

Holly Cummings said...

although, since it was her butt, maybe assymetrical is the right word? :)

PCJ said...

Yeah, exactly.

I was sure I'd doomed her with my "shelf butt," but honestly I think it's the same size now that it was when she was born.

E.S.C. said...

"um, Buffalo Wing flavored Snyders' Pretzel Pieces."

You're welcome.

BookBabe said...

What is a "shelf butt"? I just remember that it seemed like you have about seven elbows.

Anonymous said...

I guessed on a completely random whim because I love any sort of game. I then noticed that perhaps 18 inches was too short? Hmmm...I'm sticking to it, and I based it on nothing factual. :)

Holly Cummings said...

This parents.com article says it's a boy! http://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/how-to/boy-girl/boy-or-girl-ancient-chinese-birth-chart/

Assuming I got your age and conception month right.

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love surprises, and can't wait to meet Baby CJ2!