Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Smokies

We took a little 24-hour jaunt down to the Smoky Mountains. Since it was just one night, we decided to live it up and stay in a really fun hotel with an indoor pool, which Lea went a little crazy for.



Unfortunately, the weather was a bit nasty, so our hiking was limited (although we did make it to one waterfall and one cool trail with overlooks, for a total of maybe 5-6 miles of hiking, some of it wet).







The best part of the hike was having a picnic lunch, complete with Lea's first time eating a sandwich that hadn't been cut into tiny pieces. She's so big!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh god. I have been checking the blog so frequently it's become part of my daily routine. I just fist pumped the air when I saw there were new photos up!!! It's a good thing I have my own office.

This trip looks super fun. I wish I could do some hiking with you guys! Lea is, as usual, continuing her duties as the cutest human being alive, and doing it well. I mean it. Her face is like a little cutie patootie banana sundae dream come true. And eating a sandwich without cutting it up? Now that's something even the company man has trouble doing at times.

I love these pictures, thanks for sharing!!!

xoxo
auntie meg

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

How adorable! I love her little wet suit style swimsuit. Grace has one like that, too, though it seems like it's heck to get her head through the neckhole even though she has Ed's skinny cabeza. Yay for real sandwiches!